Friday, February 3, 2012

Bounce back after Baby!

Alot of woman have babies, gain weight and then think that there's nothing they can do to get their body back after pregnancy. I had two pregnancies, each time I gained around 50lbs. No joke!
This is me about 1 week before my son was born:
















I am as uncomfortable as you can possibly be. It felt like my stomach was going to split open. This is me during my second pregnancy with my daughter:














I lost about 15lbs in the hospital after the birth and then, due to the hormones dropping in my body, I would go to bed at night and wake up in the morning completely drenched from head to toe in sweat. I was sweating out 1 pound per night and dropped around 15-20lbs by the end of the 2nd week. I ended up with about 10lbs left over of actual weight gain from each pregnancy and I dropped those 10 extra lbs by running:



























I honestly think running is by far the BEST overall body workout. Running got my abs back in shape and I only do ab workouts once a week now and let running take care of the rest. I also had a healthy weight gain during pregnancy, meaning that my gain was from healthy food not junk food so I'm sure that made a difference. I also walked a lot and drank a lot of water. It is completely possible to get your body back in shape after having a baby! It's all determination and follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment