Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It's getting hot in here!

Yesterday was my first official run out in the heat. I was going to do a light 4 miler on my lunch break but I wasn't paying attention as I ran and took my route too far so I ended up at almost 7 miles. (I'm at 14 miles already for the week!). It was a freak warm, humid day yesterday and I didn't realize how humid and warm it was until I hit the road. It was 86 degrees...um, yikes! The first few runs out in the heat always kill me. I pretty much felt like crap for the rest of the day. By the time I got home from work, my muscles were killing me and I had to take tylenol just to be able to walk around and then I HAD to go to sleep. My kids went down around 7:30ish and I immediately went to bed. This morning, I woke up with my lower back killing me so I ended up just doing weights and abs at the gym. Every time I up my miles, or do a longer than normal run, my weight jumps up the next few days.
Obviously, your muscles get freaked out at the added stress from an increase in exercise and hold onto water and sodium. Oh, it also doesnt help that I've been eating a fiber cereal every morning that has 60% of your daily value of fiber...plus all the fiber I eat during the day. I'm kind of ingesting all this fiber for the past few days without a return, if you know what i mean. I feel sooooo uncomfortable right now.
Today, I have a super green juice feast made of kale, spinach, celery and cucumber and a very veg juice feast of carrots, kale, spinach. I freaking love my juicer!

No comments:

Post a Comment