Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fall Favorites!

Sunday was dedicated to a 3 hour training run on the trails with my dad and husband.



It was actually such a peaceful run. I didn't use my ipod and a good portion of the run was just in silence. Sometimes, that's all you really need. 

Today, during my lunch break, I stocked up on some fall favorites.

Honey Crisp apples, Kabocha Squash and Delicata Squash. Have you had a Kabocha?? It's one of my favorites. I cut it, scoop out the seeds and roast it at 400 degrees until it's fork tender. It's quite similar in texture to Sweet Potato's but it's actually a Japanese pumpkin and it tastes AMAZING with some cinnamon and sweetener of choice. 

I have 2 weeks until I'll be in the midst of the Megatransect Ultra in Lockhaven, PA.  I feel ready but heading into hours 4 then 5 then 6 then 7 then 8....who knows? It becomes a mental game once you hit the halfway point. At least, I am expecting the horrendous terrain this year. No surprises there! I just want to finish and finish intact. I was the 398 finisher out of the 603 that finished and about 200 drop outs or DNF's. My time was 9 hours and 40 mins. 2 weeks in counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment