Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

I made juice this morning and I have decided to juice for the next thirty days and see if it makes a difference in my energy levels.
This contains spinach, one pear, about 10-12 baby carrots (all I had left) and lots of celery. Yum!



I don't know about you but, the winter makes me extremely tired. I also deal with super dry and itchy skin all winter due to the dry heat that is everywhere. Maybe juicing will make a difference? It couldn't hurt anyway. I'm going to have to pick up a bunch of veg for this endeavour and we are totally out of pretty much everything in my house. I'm seeing a trip to the store in my future with two little people in tow. (which, is always interesting to say the least...)

By the way, have you ever seen these?







They are solar powered and move back and forth so they look like they are dancing. I am obsessed! These two are resting on the window sill in my office. I picked them up at the Dollar Tree! I predict that window sill winding up with many, many little friends as time goes on.

As you can see through the window, we have no snow yet! Happy Days for me!! The winter is so damn daunting and I am just not looking forward to the cold and the snow.I am planning on meeting my dad on Monday nights once the snow falls to snow shoe in the evenings. So, we will be bundled up with head lamps and snow shoes wandering around the trails. That will be a good mix up for my workouts during the week. I am STILL totally burnt out on running from training for the Mega. I can only get myself to do one longer run a week and have been sticking with spin as my cardio source so the change up on Monday nights will be good so I'm not doing as much spin.

I'm thinking (for juicing) I need to buy kale, carrots, cucumber, celery, apples and beets. Believe it or not, beets are awesome in juice! They are actually super sweet. We shall see what else looks good!

No comments:

Post a Comment