Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Little Bikram?

Saturday night was a dinner date with an old friend from way back. I met my friend Corina at Trata. Yes, this is the restaurant with the "unisex bathrooms" .

I got the Grouper, which brought me back to the amazing Grouper I ate multiple times in Aruba last summer! It was so much fun to catch up. I left a bunch of my cards in all of the unisex bathrooms :-)

so, if you're stopping by because you found a random business card at Trata, Hi!

Corina introduced me to Sugar Mountain Bake Shoppe for dessert. If you are a cupcake fan, you will LOVE this place. I bought a "twixie" and a "tiramasu" cupcake. The twixie was fantastic!!! It tasted just like a twix bar.

Sundays work out was hard core cardio. I did 20 minutes of step climber on level 20 and 1 hour of spin, biking 23 miles and burning 530 calories.

We also did about 45 minutes of sledding:

Last night, I did about 30 minutes of stair climber then headed out to Bikram Rochester for my first ever Bikram Class. Bikram Yoga is done in a sauna-like room at 105 degrees and 40-50% humidity. There are 26 poses that are done for a total of a 90 minute work out. It's insanely intense. About 30-45 minutes into the class, you are completely drenched in sweat and you can feel your blood pulsing through your body. You really need to keep your focus on the poses and not think about the heat because you can become overwhelmed with the intensity of the room if you allow yourself to do so. I was fine until we had about 15 minutes left and I could feel my concentration slipping and I began noticing how hot it actually was. I drank about 32 ounces of water through out the work out.

I will definitely be returning!

I feel very:

When we got home from Bikram last night, I quickly showered and immediately passed out. I didn't even hear Pat's alarm this morning and almost didn't hear mine. Bikram wore me out! I started my day out later than normal and don't feel like I've caught up to myself yet. Sometimes, these days just  happen!




No comments:

Post a Comment