Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Still A Coupon Addict! (Updated!!)

If you know me, you know I LOVE coupons and saving money.

Not only do I love working out but I love not spending my hard earned money on things that I can get at a greatly reduced price.

Check out this little shopping trip I did before work today:



Yes, I got $92.89 worth of groceries for $41.80, that's over a 50% savings!

What did I buy?

8 packs of Stride Gum
5 boxes of General Mills Cereal
6 Coffee Mate Creamers
2 50oz bottles of Purex Laundry Detergent
4 jars of Barilla Pasta Sauce
1 Naked Juice
1 package of Fresh Express Salad
2 Healthy Choice Steamers
2 jars of Smart Balance Peanut Butter

I used 20 coupons and also scored .30 off per gallon at Tops Gas! Sweet!!

They didn't have the yogurt I was going to buy so I may have to check the other Tops since those yogurts are going to be a steal!

I've been up since 4:50am! It's 9 am now and I've already managed to do 1 hour spin class and a money saving shopping trip before work.

I think I will have one of my Healthy Choice meals for lunch today since $1.50 for lunch is right up my frugal alley! :-)

*Update*

I didn't have enough time this morning before work to complete my entire shopping trip so I finished it off during my lunch break:

Ok, so purchase #1 this morning on the way to work was $92.89 worth of groceries for $41.80. This lunch break shopping trip was $116.69 worth of groceries for $46.70 so, in total, I paid $88.50 for $209.58 worth of groceries.

This is the entire list of what I purchased (both trips included) for a grand total of $88.50:

8 packs of Stride Gum
10 boxes of General Mills Cereal
6 Coffee Mate Creamers
2 50oz bottles of Purex Laundry Detergent
4 jars of Barilla Pasta Sauce
1 Naked Juice
1 package of Fresh Express Salad
2 Healthy Choice Steamers
2 jars of Smart Balance Peanut Butter
4 Duncan Hines Flavor Packets (free after coupon)
2 Beechnut Yogurt Blends (free after coupon)
10 Hunt Pudding Snack Packs
10 cans of various Whole Grain Chef Boyardee
4 cans of Manwich
2 bottles Garnier Shampoo
2 bottles Garnier Conditioner
4 boxes Mueller Pasta
6 YoCrunch Yogurts
2 Helava Good Bold Chedder Cheese
4 Progresso Soups
2 boxes Oatfit Oatmeal
2 4-packs of Minute Rice Brown rice microwaveable cups

And this, my friends, is why I will never pay full price for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment