Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Forward 15k Recap

Pat and I ran the Springforward 15k (9.3 miles) at Mendon Park on Saturday, March 30th at 8:30am. This is a road race that is notoriously hilly with sections that can be windy and freezing during certain weather conditions.
The weather, as it turned out, was sunny and around 40 degrees which proved to be perfect running conditions. I wore my nike+ pod and wrist watch to track my mileage and my shuffle with my perfect running playlist. I ran this race in 1 hour and 28 minutes last year and just wanted to beat my time by 10 minutes.
I haven't done much outdoor running this year because I've become a huge cold weather wimp and have been forcing myself to speed train on the "dreadmill". The race began and I was a little worried at first about the hills since I haven't done any hill training other than spin but the hills were easy peasy. I kept checking my nike+ and couldn't believe I was actually running and sustaining a hilly course with an under 8:15 per mile speed.

Lo and behold, check this out:

Third Place in Female 30-34 age group!!  (they butchered my last name...)

Pretty cool, huh? I just wanted to beat my time from last year and I actually placed!

It really enforces my training regime and that I'm moving (or running!) in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment