Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Put Your Best Foot Forward

So, I'm once again in the midst of training for my upcoming race events. I've been steadily working on speed training through intervals.

I have a pretty amazing playlist right now so I've been using the music to guide my speed. My "rest" songs are the slower ones and I run those at 7.3 (that pace will increase as my training progresses) and yesterday, I ran my "fast" songs on 8.6 which is a 6:58 mile.

(Um...yes, it's sideways and it's not sideways on my computer so I'm stumped)

Anyway, this was a quick pic I took at 46 minutes and 3 seconds into my run and just hitting a little over 6 miles. I ended this 7 miler at 52 minutes and 23 seconds. Not too shabby!

I've been going to Bikram Yoga for about 7 weeks now and I've also decided to start incorporating meditation into my day. Even 15 minutes is beneficial! Yesterday, I hid in the back room of my office and meditated for only about 20 minutes but it definitely made a difference in my day.





Have you ever thought about doing meditation?

No comments:

Post a Comment