Thursday, January 26, 2012

Weekend Groceries

Do you think eating healthy is not affordable? This is what I purchased this past weekend:

 

1 papaya
1 5lb bag of pears
3 lemons
1 large lo-cal avocado
2 bunches bananas
1 bunch mini bananas
1 package raw sunflower seeds
2 bags goldfish
1 large bin of organic spring mix
1 bag organic blue tortilla chips
1 bag raw hemp seeds
1 container of hemp protein powder
1 bunch collard greens
1 bunch cilantro
1 red pepper
1 ½ gallon coconut milk
1 ½ gallon almond milk
1 gallon 2% milk
2 cans organic black beans
2 packages flour tortillas
1 package of mozzarella cheese
1 package of Cheddar cheese


I spent around $85 total for everything. As you can see, there is no meat or chicken or fish in my shopping list. My children were born vegetarian. Seriously, completely on their own. My daughter will, however, eat meatballs but that's about it. My son absolutely refuses to eat any kind of meat, fish or chicken but he will eat eggs and cheese and he has eaten bacon twice in his entire 4 year life. My kids right now are having breakfast. They are eating whole grain wheat toast with a small amount of butter and jelly and some banana. They've never had white bread. (at least not in my house) We don't spend an arm and a leg on groceries. I am a coupon addict on top of a fitness addict so we spend around $150 a month total on groceries and some months, not even that much! Especially in the summer when the farmers markets are open. Eating healthy is absolutely affordable.




No comments:

Post a Comment