Monday, December 3, 2012

Back to the Grind

I can't believe it's Monday already! How on earth do the weekends go so fast?? Sundays are almost always filled with a lot of unplanned activity and somehow, the day goes by super fast and I find my 5 am alarm going off waaaay to soon.

I started at a wee hour of Sunday morning with a sweet little girl who wanted peanut butter toast. Hours later (and cups of coffee later), we headed to the YMCA for Spin:


I recently switched gyms from Planet Fitness to the Y because of the huge group exercise schedule and childwatch! That's super important to me since I work a full time job and still want to work out but with two small people in my household, I can't just leave them unattended at home while I go run.

We got home around 11:30am and ate lunch around 12 pm. I went through my daughter's pre-school backpack and found this lovely letter from a boy named Max:


Apparently, there was a scuffle at school over a Mr. Potato Head which resulted in Max biting my daughter's finger. Her finger bled but only a little bit and I did take her to the Dr's office at the advice of her pre-school teacher. The Dr prescribed her an antibiotic to take for 7 days. The Dr's co-pay was $20 and the antibiotic that my daughter flat out refused to take was $15 so now I'm feeling hurt at the loss of $35. At least Max promised to never hurt my daughter again...

The afternoon was the usual rough housing:


I believe this game was "throw the puppy".

We made a healthy version of Shepard's Pie for dinner that the kids made faces at:


We thought it was excellent. It was an adaption of the recipe that can be found here. I used a combo of one head of cauliflower and one potato boiled and mashed as the topping in my recipe since I hate mashed potatoes. We also used MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles in place of the ground beef. I'm not a vegetarian but I do still enjoy using these products. This recipe will definitely be taking place in our normal rotation for the rest of the winter.

Then finally relaxing, waiting for the Simpsons to come on with the juice of the day:


This combo was kale, spinach, lemon, cucumber, celery and carrot.

No comments:

Post a Comment