Friday, December 21, 2012

oil slick

Soooo happy for Friday! Is everyone still here? I guess the end of the world doesn't happen on December 21, 2012.

Work out of the day: 5:30 am Spin with a focus on heavy hill climb. We had a sub today and she played much better music than the Body Guard so the class went really fast.

Do you ever get ideas stuck into your head and then you have to do what it is? I go through phases of different things I become obsessed with and now my newest obsession is dealing with my oily skin. I'm 31 years old! An esthetician told me that having oily skin will slow the aging in your face. I don't know if that's true or not but I sure am sick of having a shiny face.

Look at this pic:

Could my forehead be anymore shiny?? This is at work probably around 10 am. The shine eventually takes over my entire face and I just feel gross. The first new product I have purchased is the Smashbox Anti-Shine and it should arrive on the 26th so I'll do a review after I get it. I'm also planning on purchasing Urban Decay Oil Control Make Up Setting and then eventually some kind of new matte foundation. I also need a new face wash and an exfoliating cleanser. I already use Dermalogica Multi Active Toner and Murad Acne Complex Skin Perfecting Lotion. I'm open to any suggestions.

My agenda on this fine Friday is to finish my holiday shopping and get something done about these raggedy nails.

I'll leave you with some little known facts about me:

1. I have to sleep with a pillow between my knees. Something weird happened to my joints when I was pregnant and they were constantly popping out of place. Waking up in the morning after falling asleep on my side (I can only sleep on my side) resulted in excruciating pain in both of my hips. It started at 6 weeks pregnant and didn't stop until my kids were born. I don't think my pelvis is corrected even now and I can't sleep without the pillow for support. 

2. I abhor white potatoes and pasta in any form and I have for as long as I can remember. It takes a lot of effort for me to eat pasta before big races. I feel like I'm eating shoe laces. Blech.

3. I had braces at the age of 30 and wear a retainer to bed every night...nerd alert!I would also like a full set of veneers on my teeth...someday when I'm a millionaire.

4. I was a vegetarian from age 12 until I got pregnant with my son. The only thing I could handle in my stomach was meat. I am now a meat eater and don't think I could ever go back.

5. I HATE the way milk smells and never drink it. It gags me.

6. I'm a very trusting and loyal friend and still find myself shocked when someone does something deceitful. I should really learn from my own mistakes.

7. I graduated from High School a year early and graduated from college one week before my 21st birthday. I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

8. I cannot keep my stuff organized. I don't know how people do it and I wish they would help me! :-)

9. My childhood dream was to be an actress.

10. I find that I'm often misunderstood and at this point in my life, I don't care. This is who I am and take it or leave it. If you're a good person, I'll be your friend and I don't judge. I don't understand why people are so quick to judge.

11. I've never had a cavity in my entire life and would probably have a panic attack if my teeth had to be drilled.

Any big plans for the weekend? Tonight is movie/snack/wine night! We are planning on watching Alien vs Predator. I want to go to Body Pump tomorrow morning at 7 am but I hear we're finally getting some snow so I'll have to see what the great outdoors looks like when I wake up. Blah. I hate snow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment