Sunday, December 2, 2012

Wine, Dine and Wake Up 6 hours Later

Well, it seems that I am the one who is up in this house...of course, not on my own accord:



Anyone else up for some Spongebob, milk and peanut butter toast? There's no going back to sleep now. It's only a matter of moments before I hear the pitter-patter of little boy feet to add to our party down here in the living room. Good thing I made myself some coffee!


Pretty festive, huh? That's Seattle's Best Coffee "Sleighbell Blend" mixed with warmed and frothed vanilla almond milk. I believe I'm running on maybe 6 hours of sleep this a.m. so this coffee is sure hitting the spot.

Last night, we wined and dined (or snacked really) with a friend of ours and watched "Predator 2". Am I the only one who has never seen the Alien or Predator movies?? I guess I never had any interest in sic-fi before but I actually find these movies really amusing. No Arnold in Predator 2 though! I guess he just ran off out of the jungle and said "Forget this!"

We fully stocked up our new wine fridge yesterday afternoon.


Then stopped by Big Lots to visit some very sad artificial trees:



After the kids were fed and put to bed, we cracked open a bottle of French Riesling:

and put out our snacks:



We also had tzatziki for a veggie dip (not pictured). Our friend Dave cracked open a Samuel Adams White Christmas followed by a Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock. Pat and I may have cracked open another bottle of wine...maybe :-)

So after 6 lovely hours of slumber, I'm hanging out downstairs with my little one and eating some breakfast. On the agenda today, 10am spin class with Patty (the BEST instructor ever!) followed by an unknown turn of events. A nap would be awesome but I'm pretty sure that's not in the cards today. I'm off to partake in some more sweet, sweet caffeine!


No comments:

Post a Comment